Counselling and psychotherapy services have been rarely if ever available to people with cognitive and intellectual disabilities. Under the NDIS these mainstream services are now funded, but very few practitioners are experienced and qualified to deliver service.
- ATS is in a rare position to offer tailored therapeutic services to people with special needs.
- See the information sheet below for more details.
As specialists in disability behaviour support, mental health, clinical person centred practice we can provide appropriate and relevant to you counselling. We can work with people who have physical and intellectual disabilities, other kinds of diagnosis, and/or mental health diagnosis. We work with people on the autism spectrum.
- We see people across the life span, from early childhood through to seniors
- We understand the disability services sector
- We know the pressures on families, support workers, and networks of support
- We can provide a better integrated service by working collaboratively
Providing people with disabilities with professional counselling and/or psychotherapy and/or life coaching often includes supporting family and staff within the person’s immediate support systems.
- Counselling can provide insight to assist people to resolve misunderstanding, address issues of stress or anxiety, and work together from the same page.
- A range of services and methods make this area very exciting and open to new options.
- How about walking therapy for people who cannot sit in a traditional office?
- Why not art, music, or creative arts therapy methods?
- What about mild gardening and horticultural-based therapy methods?
- How about helping us organise a group therapy program over a couple of months, providing weekly or biweekly group activities with a therapeutic edge?
These services may or may not be covered under NDIS provisions. You can raise this as a need with your NDIS planner. If you are a participant and have funding – contact us directly via email.
Most people at the moment have no idea these kinds of services exist and are available. Well… here we are. We are already seasoned specialists in these areas of clinical and community based practice and person centred support. Give us a ring or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information click on this PDF: Counselling-NDISFunded