Counselling and psychotherapy services have been rarely if ever available to people with cognitive and intellectual disabilities. Under the NDIS these mainstream services are now funded, but very few practitioners are experienced and qualified to deliver service.
- ATS is in a rare position to offer tailored therapeutic services to people with special needs.
As specialists in disability behaviour support, mental health, and clinical person centred practice we can provide appropriate and relevant to you counselling therapies.
We can work with people who have physical and intellectual disabilities, other kinds of diagnosis, and/or mental health diagnosis. We work with people on the autism spectrum.
- We see people across the life span, from early childhood through to 65 under NDIS
- We understand the disability services sector
- We know the pressures on families, support workers, and networks of support
- We can provide a better integrated service by working collaboratively
Providing people with disabilities with professional counselling and/or psychotherapy and/or life coaching often includes supporting family and staff within the person’s immediate support systems.
- Counselling can provide insight to assist people to resolve misunderstanding, address issues of stress or anxiety, and work together from the same page.
- A range of services and methods make this area very exciting and open to new options.
- How about walking therapy for people who cannot sit in a traditional office?
- Why not art, music, or creative arts therapy methods?
- What about mild gardening and horticultural-based therapy methods?
- How about helping us organise a group therapy program over a couple of months, providing weekly or biweekly group activities with a therapeutic edge?
These services may or may not be covered under your NDIS provisions. You can raise this as a need with your NDIS planner. If you are a participant and have funding – contact us directly via email. Remember that clinical reviews help your next NDIS review planning meeting – ask us for an assessment and report for your upcoming NDIS review.
Get out of the therapy studio/office and enjoy a therapeutic, coaching, and skill building relationship along the creek or in the park, visiting a cafe or attending an event.
- Counselling with
- walk and talk therapy
- creative arts therapies
- rehabilitation psychotherapy
- planting flowers in your chosen pot
- working with clay or symbols or paints and canvas
- playing hand drums, listening to live guitar or flute music
- early childhood intervention, family assistance, parenting coaching
- Counselling for
- trauma recovery
- eating disorders
- chronic stress and anxiety
- individualised job searching skills, resume writing, and interview coaching
There are many possibilities… what do you seek? How would you like to use your NDIS funding to meet your goals and hopes for the future?
Most people at the moment have no idea these kinds of services exist and are available.
Well… here we are! We are already seasoned specialists in these areas of clinical and community based practice and person centred support.