Press Release from the Global Coalition on Youth Mental Health
We are thrilled to announce our featured speakers for the upcoming YMentalHealth? | Our Future Depends on It event in New York City on Monday, September 23. Youth advocates will take the mic to dialogue on the growing impact of mental illness and call for continued global action. Featured youth speakers include:
- Lian Zeitz, CitiesRise
- Ali Hougnou, Project Heal
- Gabby Frost, The Buddy Project
- Nora Nissenbaum & Charlotte Holzapfel, Commit to Kind
- Peter Lee-Kramer, Student Mental Health Advocate
Additional distinguished speakers include:
- Dr. Victor Ugo, Founder, Mentally Aware Nigeria Initiative (MANI)
- Dr. Gary Belkin, MD, PhD, MPH, Chief – Strategy and Policy, ThriveNYC | Office of the Mayor
- Dr. Emmanuel Ankrah Odame, MD, Director, Policy, Planning, and Monitoring and Evaluation, Ministry of Health, Ghana and Member of UHC 2030 Steering Committee
- Dr. Holly K. Shaw, PhD, RN, Representative to the United Nations DPI & ECOSOC
Full details can be found on the attached flyer.
Join Our Livestream: Can’t join in person? We’ll be hosting a livestream during the event so you don’t miss one riveting minute! Follow the same registration link and choose ‘RSVP – Livestream’ and we’ll send you the latest links and updates.
Get the Word Out: For those interested in engaging online – join the virtual conversation on Twitter and Instagram by following our handle @y_mentalhealth and using the #ynow hashtag. Let’s amplify the conversation around youth mental health and make sure leaders around the world answer to the call Share the attached flyer and feel free to use our tweets below:
#Ynow? When 1 in 4 young people experience #mentalhealth problems, it’s time for our global leaders to focus on improving youth mental health. Join us and other advocates on 9/23 in NYC to champion for change! Register at ymentalhealth.eventbrite.com
#DidYouKnow nearly half of global youth struggle with a mental illness before turning 18? Help us shatter the stigma surrounding #mentalhealth during our YMentalHealth? event in NYC this Monday, 9/23! Register now here ymentalhealth.eventbrite.com #ynow
If you have any questions or comments about the event, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.